Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This day in History

As I planned to show what happened on this day in history I researched some websites for that information. You know, not very good things happened on this day throughout the years. My first reaction was sadness that my daughter shared her birthday with these events but I realized that with so many unfortunate things taking place on Jan. 30th I'm grateful for this one good thing. I'm glad God sent my little girl to add something good the world.

The fact that it's her birthday seems to be lost on her two year old mind. but of course, that didn't stop me from celebrating the day in my own special way. I'm arranging a play date with her little nursery friend and of course, we're having a small family party.

I went shopping and got the cute little girl gifts that I so enjoy buying but found that my husband enjoys buying them even more. Daddy went hog wild at Old Navy, buying up every new spring clothing item.

We are so grateful for our little princess. She's made such a difference in our home. Happy Birthday little girl!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

There's nothing quite like a sweet baby girl! I'm so glad you are now in the "mothers of daughters" club. :)

Jennifer said...

One other thing...I had to look up what happened on January 30. You're right, not very many good things! How nice to be a beacon of light! :) It also made me research what things happened on important dates in my family. You gave me some good ideas! :) Thanks!

Linda Lou said...

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!

I share my birthday with Edgar Allen Poe. It's not the high light of my life, but it's not too bad either.

Little girls are the great joy of life. Truely the most beautiful creation! I'm glad to have had four of my own!