Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Faithful Thoughts

I'm really excited to introduce a new idea today. I've had the good fortune to talk two of my friends into joining me once a month on this blog to discuss varying topics. We will call it "Faithful Thoughts" and we hope that our ideas, comments and perspectives will be interesting and even inspiring to our readers. We are open to topic suggestions and as always, we love comments. Let me introduce my friends;

Annie is the mother of three from Colorado. She has been my friend since before kindergarten and we have somehow managed to maintain a friendship throughout the years and across the miles. Annie has a degree in writing and is a practicing Baptist. It's this combination that I know will enable her to offer a different perspective to our topics (and perhaps edit our drafts before posting).

Lisa is the mother of two from Utah. She is the busiest mom I know. Not only does she get a lot done, she does everything with high energy and efficiency. I've known Lisa for a few years now and felt very fortunate to learn from her example. Lisa is a practicing Mormon with a degree in nutrition who is very accomplished at expressing her thoughts and opinions.

I'll have each of them give greater, in depth accounts of themselves because there is so much more to them than what I have written. (If I've gotten anything wrong ladies, please feel free to edit.)

I hope all our readers enjoy this new feature on A Force For Good. We're really excited to share our thoughts and ideas with you all and hopefully we can each gain greater knowledge and understanding.

1 comment:

Lisa R.D. said...

I am thrilled (and honored) to be invited to as guest blogger here, as well as flattered at the kind words said about me. I don't profess to have any great knowledge or wisdom, I'm just a woman who is trying to figure out my place in life while trying to give my children the best childhood possible. To steal from another blogger, I feel like I've won the life lottery--I have a wonderful and supportive husband and two amazing children. I am blessed in so many ways and have been given many opportunities to grow. I deeply admire and respect Lula Mae and have learned much from her--as you know from reading her blog, she is thoughtful and open-minded and just an all-around good person. She really is a force for good. I feel very lucky to count her as a friend and I am blessed to be surrounded by amazing women that are uplifting and inspiring and help me to be a better person. It will be fun to contribute to "Faithful Thoughts"!