Sunday, January 27, 2008

Thank You


Gordon B. Hinckley passed away tonight. He was the president of the LDS Church and the man we believe is a prophet of the Lord here on earth. I know that sounds grandiose to many but it is a comforting thing to me, to know that God still speaks to man on earth to give us direction in a tumultuous world. I am grateful that President Hinckley lived his life in a manner which allowed him to commune with God and lead God's church here on earth. I truly believe that this man was called of God and set apart to do the work of the Lord. I believe tonight that Heaven is rejoicing to have Gordon B. Hinckley back home. I hope that by sharing my testimony of living prophets anyone who reads this will have a greater understanding about what Mormon's believe.

While I am saddened that he is no longer with us I am feeling a deep desire to live my life in a manner that he would find pleasing because I know that the way President Hinckley lived is the way God wants me to live. I hope that someday when I leave this life Heavenly Father will be happy with the things I have done on earth. I am ever so grateful for the great example President Hinckley set for me and my family and for his tireless efforts in the service of the Lord. My prayers are with his family who I can only assume feel a deep loss. My little family's prayers are with them.

1 comment:

Linda Lou said...

Beautiful.

Ditto.

Thankyou.