Friday, August 28, 2009

The Joy of School

I'm embarking on a new endeavor this year, I've decided to help teach Joy School for my daughter. At first I was so nervous about how much work it would be but now that I've read the manual and begun work on my lesson plans, I'm pretty excited.

Here's how it works; We have 6 students and 6 mothers. Our classes are two days a week which comes out to basically teaching two days a month. My classes in September will be on the body and all the lesson plans (scheduled to in 5-25 minute increments) are included for me. They have a list of reading supplements which can be used for each lesson or you can use your own books. There is a song CD and written lyrics provided.

This first month, each mom is responsible to help prepare some of the standard charts/supplies. For example, hand puppets/ weather charts and birthday hats. (I've got the weather chart) then all the supplies, including a box for each child with his/her own school supplies (provided by parents) are placed in a large Rubbermaid container so that all supplies can travel from house to house each week.

My first lesson is Sept. 15, I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Sermons of the Day said...

The kids love to trace there bodys and then you can glue the main orgons on them that you have already cut out. My preschoolers loved it. So fun.

Sermons of the Day said...

Just so you know the dollar store has weather charts and the A B C on flash cards.

Linda Lou said...

Have fun with Joy School. I did it with Allison and Megan and it was great. I still have Allison's Christmas Nativity play on video.

Be sure to record some of your activities for posterity.

Good Luck!!