Thursday, August 27, 2009

Download Complete, One Item Remaining

I've often accessed websites and found the above message on my browser while waiting. It always makes me laugh when the "one item remaining" is the major part of the page, i.e. the check copy that I'm trying to see on my bank site or the photo of the car accident about which the article is written or the log in and password boxes of a commerce site. It makes me wonder, how could I hold my children off when they're driving me crazy about snacks? I could get the napkins, the cups and plates and then simply say don't worry, just "one item remaining", your snack. Or I could simply wash all the clothes but not the underwear. "Just one item remaining". Or maybe, when I'm really groggy in the morning and I'm up and functioning but I can't seem to get a full sentence out..."I'm sorry kids, mommy's brain is the one item remaining asleep."

2 comments:

Colette said...

thanks for the laugh... so true!

Linda Lou said...

The really scary part is when you don't know what the one part is that is missing.