Friday, August 7, 2009

And So It Begins

We have successfully acquired our foreign exchange student. Our first day has been quite fun and he seems like a really great kid. On an scale from one to ten, his English is about a five/six so there have been some silent moments after questions have been asked but all in all we seem to understand each other.

It was an interesting experience coming home from the airport. It felt not too unlike coming home from the hospital. For those of you who have had this experience, doesn't it seem like the world looks different? I noticed so many things from the freeway that I usually don't. I hope that our student's presence here continues to bring me the opportunity for greater awareness of the world around me.

Now, I need to go communicate to him our plans for the day. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

G Hugher said...

Congratulations on your new arrival. At least, I hope the labor was easier than having your own to bring home from the hosptal. We commend you and Colby for participating in this program and hope it brings your family new perspectives, education, and lots of fun. Looking forward to meeting Won Soek (hope spelling is close) soon.

Sermons of the Day said...

I am excited to meat him. Looking forward to seeing you soon.