Monday, August 3, 2009

The Pledge

So my blogging the last year can best be described as sporadic. Now that my year from hell is officially over, I am most interested in resurrecting my blog to it's former glory (or lack thereof). I am most excited to write about the many thoughts (rational or otherwise) I have all the time but simply don't take the time to express.

Since I am preparing for our exchange student in four days, I thought I'd start there. It's been quite the process getting ready for this young man. I have been corresponding with him and his family via email for several months. It's been somewhat entertaining to read his thoughts because his writing level is about that of an eight year old sometimes. I have found myself mentally preparing for a young child. It wasn't until I saw his latest pictures that I realized he is in fact a young man. It's changed my perspective on how I will interact with him and what level of communication we will have. I am looking forward to learning more about young adults and understanding the process he will go through, not only as a teen but as a young man in a foreign country.
Although I do not know him, I know that God knows him and I pray every night that he will help us bridge the language/cultural barriers of our respective countries and remind us that we are in fact brother and sister.

1 comment:

Lisa R.D. said...

I'm so glad for you that your year from hell is finally over... you have worked so hard and deserve a big break! Having your foreign exchange student will be challenging but I am sure you will find it very rewarding... looking forward to more blog posts!