Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Scripture Power!

My daughter loves to sing songs she learns in nursery. One of her favorites is "Scripture Power". We sang that this morning along with "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and "I am a Child of God" (or Gone, if you say it like her) and it was so fun. I loved the words to the song "Scripture Power" and thought about how important it is to draw from the scriptures each day to really give us strength and the power to make good choices. I hope that my children will come to appreciate that truth as well. I am grateful for little bits of comfort and wisdom that come at seeming random moments, from scripture references. Sometimes the guidance comes from reading, sometimes it comes from remembering past studies and sometimes it come from others(like the Galatians 1:10 reference from Annie yesterday. It was most helpful and poignant.) I am feeling very grateful today for the scriptures.

Here are some of the words to "Scripture Power"

Scripture power, keeps me safe from sin
Scripture power is the power to win
Scripture power, everyday I need
The power that I get each time I read.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Very sweet! There's nothing like listening to a small child sing songs like that. It warms the heart!