Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My son is obsessed with time. I probably spend one quarter of my day talking about it; "How many days in a week?, How many days until my birthday? How many hours in a year?, How long until dad gets home? Is it the first day of Christmas?"
His questions are frequent and repetitive. I have to laugh because I think that a great majority of my life has been spent doing the same thing; "How long until graduation?, How many days until summer vacation?, How long until the wedding?, When will this baby get here?" Even the past few months have been "when will it be December?" It's struck me the last few days that time is starting to pass faster and faster. As a child, summer vacation was an eternity. Now I wonder did we have vacation at all? Are the years of childhood slower so we can learn more and then the years of adulthood sped up so that we have less time to make mistakes? Ultimately I have decided to make the most of this Christmas season and maybe learn some tricks on making the most of the year to come.

1 comment:

Ally Bally said...

Can't wait to see the family in a few weeks!! I'll be doing a count down!