Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hallelujah

I was walking through WalMart last night (it truly pains me to admit it) shopping for some "Stitchwichery" stuff for my son's scout group project. As I was perusing the sewing notions aisle I heard The Hallelujah Chorus come over the sound system. I couldn't help but be keenly aware of the fact that I was listening to music expressly written to glorify God while I was surrounded by everything commercial about Christmas. I paused a moment to consider this when the music was interrupted by the PA and a man's voice requested a manager to assist in a gun sale. For me, it was a moment flooded by paradox and disappointment and a sincere desire to keep the reason for this season's celebration on my mind and in my heart.
I am deeply and utterly grateful to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for their unyielding help and intercession on my behalf. I am so thankful for the blessings of realization, growth, humility and the chance to do better. This is truly a glorious time of year!

No comments: