Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I love this time of year! I know many don't enjoy the shorter days or the earlier darkness but I find it very comforting. It seems I always feel a desire to make things cozy and simple at home. I wonder if the change of season is more than just a planetary event and also something that is meant to instill in us a desire for reflection and family togetherness? I can only imagine that in days gone by when the fields were plowed and the animals brought in from pasture if humanity itself discovered the beauty of taking shelter for the winter. This season could mean so much more to us than the lack of sun and heat. Couldn't it be our time for rest and contemplation? With the early setting sun each day, slowly enveloping the world in silent darkness, don't we feel the same need to close out the rapid world and gather with the ones we love?

I hope that you all have many pleasant evenings spent in the company of family and friends!

No comments: