Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Funky Van



So my kids and I got ready for swim lessons this morning (lessons start at 8:00 bells!) and they beat me out to the car. I was a couple of minutes behind them and by the time I opened my door, I was greeted by the children saying; "it stinks in here." As I got into the driver's seat I came to find they were correct. The scent was a cross between wet, moldy smelling kitchen rags and a wet diaper.
Because we were in a hurry I simply rolled the windows down and vowed to take care of it later.
As promised, I took the car into the car wash and told them I had a funk in my car, could they please find the source and rid my car of the smell.
When they returned my vehicle to me they didn't mention that they'd found anything but when I got into the car it still had a little smell to it. I'm hoping it's just remnant smell and all will be well with the world tomorrow. If it still is funky town in my car tomorrow I'm afraid I'll have to go to great measures to find out what my dear, sweet children have left to rot under one of the seats.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I was on a walk last summer and as I was passing a mother who was unloading her brood of young children from their van, I heard them complaining of the stench in their car. As I watched, the mother searched around, grabbed an old dirty diaper, turned around and said "I wonder how long that's been in there."

Linda Lou said...

Do you guys remember the old "scout mobile"? I remember when Dad took it on a trip with the scouts and came back and a few days later it started smelling. After about a week we discovered a bag of "roasted jerky" (the guys had tried to make their own jerky in the campfire)the guys had stuffed under a seat. I don't think we every really got the smoky, rotten meat smell out.