Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Love a Parade!


So those of you who know me know that I head up the Grand Parade for my community. Right now I'm in full parade swing as the big event is only a month away. I love doing parade! It's one of the most exciting things I do and I look forward to parade day each year. This year I've got a pretty good line up although I'm looking for one more band and a couple of floats. They'll come. Here are some of the entries I've got lines up thus far:

11 city floats!
4 marching bands (one of which is a pipe band)
3 stilt walkers
3 balloon artists
3 clowns
4 horse-drawn carriages
1 trolley
1 Pirate ship
Dora the Explorer
Spongebob
Cinderella

I've arranged for a fly over of 6 WWII airplanes and a DJ to begin the parade! I also have a wild west shoot out pre-parade show!

I'm really excited for the big day. Our total entries at this point are 73 and I plan to get to 85 by July 19th! Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

WOW! That is really impressive!

Lisa R.D. said...

This makes me so sad that we are going to be out of town. We'll miss all the excitement! Our city is so lucky to have you directing the ship for this parade!