Monday, November 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

I'm so excited it's November. A friend of mine put all her Christmas decorations up and has them turned on already. I have to say, I'm tempted. However, I'm going to wait and make the most of Thanksgiving. This year, I'm going to have a Thanksgiving Wall like we did last year. We just put up a large piece of paper with a pen and anyone can write what they are Thankful for during the month then we read it on Thanksgiving. I love doing this and I think my children enjoy it when they find their names on the wall with something that their dad and I have written.
I think we'll also do the thank you note to the garbage man too. Last year we just taped a big sign that said "Thank you Mr. Garbage Man" to the garbage can and left if out on trash day. I don't know if he cared or not but my kids had fun! Any way you want to slice it, it's a great time of year.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great idea! I love this time of year. And, I have to admit, with 70 and 80 degree weather the past few days I mentioned to Brian he should put up our lights while it was warm outside!

Linda Lou said...

I really hate November, it's my worst month, but I love Thanksgiving. Gratitude makes me happy.

Thanks for your refresher ideas. I forget what I need to do.

Jennifer said...

Sorry Linda Lou! January is my worst month. I love autumn and the build up to all the holidays. But then January just seems like a let down. Plus the weather isn't usually so great here.

Lisa R.D. said...

I love the idea of having a Thanksgiving wall... I think we'll have to try that this year. Thanks for the great idea :).