Monday, November 3, 2008

Candidates in the Making!

I was at the school today getting some stuff done for our mock election tomorrow. We had the Young Republicans and Young Democrats come to campaign for the presidential candidates during lunch. First they made a little spiel over the PA system and then they stayed for lunch to talk with the kids. While they were passing out little flag stickers and talking to the students all of a sudden the student body erupted into a "Go McCain" chant. It was so loud and sudden it surprised all the adults in the room. The lunch ladies started yelling at the kids to be quiet and then they scolded me for "getting the kids riled up." It was awesome! I was so impressed that they even had an opinion that I just laughed as they said their little chant. I'm pretty sure how our mock election will turn out tomorrow but irregardless, I'm happy that our students seem to be taking an active interest in their country's electoral process.

No comments: