Tuesday, May 6, 2008

If a Tree Falls in the Woods...

So last week was crazy. My microwave broke, I had a church function to prepare for and my grandfather passed away. On Wednesday night while I was trying to get everything prepared before I left for the funeral Thursday, I had reached my limit. My husband, in his growing wisdom, recognized the early signs of maternal malfunction and handed me the car keys. With a few half-hearted words of protest I dismissed myself with the assignment to go find a new microwave. After 20 minutes at Lowes with no help in sight I jumped back in my car, locked the doors, rolled up the windows and unleashed a verbal tirade at my dashboard. I will admit that in the heat of the moment I laced my barrage with a few choice adjectives. This leads me to my question of the day, if a mom swears in her car while no one is around to hear it, does it really count as a swearing?

2 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

I hope not... and I hope the rule passes on to closed closet doors too, my closet seems to be my favorite place to go and scream when I need to unleash wrath and fury. Hope your week is better this week!

Jennifer said...

I hope not! *laugh* I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather (and your week). I hope this week will be slower-paced for you!