Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wake Up

I wish I could write. I wish I could express the amazing things that come into my head when things are quiet. I want to change the world somehow, to make it better with some grand idea or memorable saying. I have no life altering story, no grand awakening to share. I guess I have been seduced by the idea that change only matters when it is great. But then.... I remember that there are many small awakenings each day and that these things are not only revelations to myself but to everyone who opens their eyes to the light of the sun in the sky. Do we forget to give ourselves credit for waking up? Do we forget that the very act of choosing consciousness is a declaration of possibility? I suppose there are many who journey through life in an unconscious state, unable or unwilling to open their eyes to the possible effect they could have on this world or the effect of the world on them. Life is too great an opportunity to sleep through.

No comments: