Friday, September 14, 2007

Reality TV

I was reminded today of the power of a child's imagination. After watching the opening sequence of "Spongebob Square Pants" my four year old son asked me how Spongebob played his nose like a flute. I told him I didn't know and he said, "he must be magic". I chuckled as I went on with my day but I realized that to my son, Spongebob is a living thing. And not only a living entity but also one who has the ability to create music from his nostrils. I feel like there are so many messages to parents today that we should correct our children, teach them the difference between reality and illusion at all times. I know that my son cannot go about his life believing in the actuality of Spongebob, Santa and the Easter Bunny but for today I am happy to know that he just believes.

No comments: