Monday, September 24, 2007

Fairy Tales are for Girls

I came across the movie "Cinderella" on ITunes yesterday and bought it for my daughter. I was excited to see it again after so many years and I thought maybe my little girl would enjoy it. After it downloaded I forgot about it for a while and was surprised when my three sons had it on. I could hear their banter from the kitchen. Here are some of their thoughts about the movie:
"Why does she like him,he's ugly."
"That dress is lots better than the one the mice made"
"Oh watch out, she's turning back" (into the maid)
(when the step mother is locking her in her room): "lock her up, lock her up."
(when they kissed) "that's stupid"

I found myself laughing at the view point my sons had versus the one I had of the same movie at the same age.

Boys will be boys.

1 comment:

Linda Lou said...

Thanks for sharing the fun.

Which comments do you think will change in 7 years?