Monday, September 17, 2007

GFC 8

Here is the newest Good Force Challenge: Pray for someone else. It can be for anyone or anything it just can't be about you. Consider praying for your neighbor, your family members, the leaders of your community or country. Pray for those who are sick or afraid. Pray for those who are abused or harmed at the hand of others. Pray for global awareness or simply for inner peace. If you are uncomfortable praying, meditate. Take a moment to connect spiritually with the world around you and ask for it's protection and direction. Faith is perhaps the greatest force for good.

4 comments:

Ally Bally said...

Love the GFC!!! Will do it!

Hope all is well and can't wait to see you in a few weeks. What are you on (miles). I have to do 20 this week. Love ya, A

Unknown said...

I haven't been out for 2 weeks. I'm going to try a 20 miler next weekend. I think I'll decide wether or not to register based on how that goes.

Stephanie Hatzenbuehler said...

I like this one.

G Hugher said...

I am a little behind on all your entries, but recently I had a discussion with a couple of guys about a similar topic: FAITH. I believe that Faith is a universal principle and therefore excercisable by anyone who calls upon God (in any form they believe to be correct, regardless)for help, intervention, comfort, favors, healing, miracles, etc. and our loving Father in Heaven will respond accordingly in the "faithful's" behalf. One of the guys posed a question like this: "If you were a father and one of your children called upon another father that wasn't you would you bless them?" I responded, Of course I would. If that child of mine didn't know me for his father, but believed in the father he asked favors of and I had it in my power to grand his wish (and it would be in his best interest) then I would do so. I believe our Father in Heaven would do the same and therefore Faith is universal no matter which or whose concept of God is prayed to.