Wednesday, May 9, 2007

L,M,N,O (P)

A small event from the other day caused me to reflect on a couple of little boys I knew as a child. On my street there lived twin boys. They were a couple of years younger than I and the only thing I really recall about them is this one event. In order to explain this memory I have to give you some history. When I was really young, maybe six or seven, my dad built a shed in the back yard. He left one third of the shed for my sisters and I to use as a play house. It was a great little space that housed our rocking chair and "kitchen set" along with our assorted dolls. The shed was built about a foot from the fence that enclosed our backyard. Now that you know that, I'll explain where the twin boys come in. One day the boys were playing at our house and my sister came inside to tell my mom that one of them had just peed behind our playhouse. Now, to anyone who had brothers this probably wouldn't have been a big deal but I grew up with three sisters so this was a whole new, unwelcome world. The matter was quickly dealt with by my mother. I think the kid was sent home and his mother called. All I remember thinking was that boys were gross. I will admit I was somewhat confused as to how all this had taken place.

Fast forward twenty five years. I now have three boys (yes, you can see where I'm going with this). My oldest two have never done the "pee on the spot" thing although I will admit that when we are camping or at our cabin I let them pee in the woods. I've always been thankful that I've never had to keep kids from "dropping trow" whenever they feel like it. That all changed this week when my youngest son (3) decided that the back porch was a suitable toilet. My boys informed me about two hours after the fact that their youngest brother had relieved himself on my stamped concrete patio. After a quick investigation I discovered the place of the offense and got it taken care of.

The boy quickly got an earful and I was pretty sure that I'd gotten my point across. Then last night I look over to see my half undressed three year old preparing to commit the same crime. (Luckily he was arrested before he acted.)

I really don't know what else to say about this so I'll just have a good laugh.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I got the biggest smile out of reading this. Thanks! I needed it. Found you via the "next blog" button and will bookmark and stop by everyday to read.

Sincerely,
Andrew

Lula Mae said...

Andrew, thanks for taking interest. Hopefully I'll provide more laughs in the future.