Thursday, May 17, 2007

Waiting

I'm so sorry I haven't posted for a few days. Life has been so crazy. This week has been the state PTA convention so I've been learning about my responsibilities for next year. It's been great.

So here are my thoughts. I've actually been thinking about this for several days now. I've heard the new John Mayer song, "Waiting on the World to Change"and I have to say it's bugs the 'begeebers' out of me. It has a great tune and I love his voice but seriously talk about the anthem for complacency! Here's what I'm talking about:
"Me and all my friends we're all misunderstood. They say we stand for nothing and there's no way we ever could. Now we see everything that's going wrong with the world and those who lead it. We just feel like we dont' have the means to rise above and beat it. So we keep on waiting, waiting on the world to change. We keep waiting, waiting on the world to change."

What I think is even funnier is that he sums up my point very well in the next phrase,
"It's hard to beat the system when we're standing at a distance so we keep waiting, waiting on the world to change."

He has a good point in the next phrase:
"Now if we had the power to bring our neighbors home from war, they would've never missed a christmas, no more ribbons on the door. And when you trust your television what you get is what you got. 'Cause when they own the information,oh they can bend it all they want." I have to say, I tend to agree.

But...what scares me is this:
"One day our generation is gona rule the population so we keep on waiting, waiting on the world to change."

Ok, maybe I'm making more of this than needs to be but seriously, what kind of world are we gonna have when "his" generation of "waiters" gets their shot at leadership. It's hard to lead when you don't know how to work.

Just a thought.