Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I Love A Parade!

So I'm in charge of our city's annual parade. I volunteered for this position thinking, well, I don't know what I was thinking, but that didn't stop me. So in NINE weeks I will be standing on Main street holding a clip board and having someone administer Prosac via intravenous drip. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally stoked for the big day. I've hired clowns, stilt walkers, SpongeBob (A lookalike, he was busy that day), Ariel (once again, a lookalike, she has this whole scaly skin reaction to harsh summer sun), and balloon artists. Oh, but the fun doesn't stop there, I've got a Dixieland band, a Pipe and drum band and a Mariachi band not to mention the local highschool band (top in the state). I'm trying to arrange for a C130 Military aircraft flyover but that is proving to be harder than I thought. Basically, I'm trying to make this a very entertaining year. I think this will be a great time so I've decided that I'm going to keep a count down here so everyone (I mean you Andrew) can see how it's going. So everyone put July 14th on your calendars!

1 comment:

Megan said...

This has nothing to do with the parade, but I rather love your new layout. Niiiiiice.