Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Gimme a break!

So I was just reading an article about that little phone message Alec Baldwin left for his daughter Ireland. (I heard a recording of the message on the news over the weekend). Mr. Baldwin apologized for "losing his temper" and then blamed his wife Kim Bassinger for leaking the recording when all communications (etc) are sealed from the public due to the ongoing court battle. What a jerk! So rather than saying: "yes, I verbally abused my daughter and intentionally proceeded to pyscologically harm her and physically threaten her...", he presents himself as a victim by saying "I'm mad because I got caught. Oh and by the way, it's my ex-wife's fault."

My question would be this, does Mr. Baldwin think that it's ok to verbally abuse a child as long as no one finds out? Because when I read his statements I can't help but think he's more concerned with the image his publicist is going to deal with than with the damage he's done to his daughter. Really I just think he's bugged that Ireland likes her mother better. Wonder why.

What a schmuck!


For a laugh check out msnbc.com "Parental Controls: 10 reasons celebrities shouldn't have kids"

No comments: