Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bicycle

Went for a bike ride on Sunday with the whole fam. I don't remember it hurting that much when I was seven. It doesn't help that I broke my coxix (yeah baby, used it in a sentence) giving birth to my first son. Seriously, I spend so much time trying to lift my fanny off that tiny little seat that my legs are jello on the flat straightaways. I hate bike rides, hate them I say.

My question is; who designed bike seats? I mean really, did you think that was enough space for the average 30+ year old butt? Is the seat meant to only support my spine? Because that's about where it feels like it gets to after I've been sitting for five blocks. I don't mean to throw stones, honestly but was there a vinyl shortage back in the day? Is there a mandate that states only three ounces of plastic can be used in molding a seat for a bike? Perhaps professional bikers have cheek implants we haven't heard about? You know, like Wolverine? A metal plate that slides across to make a platform!

Well anyhoo, I'm in the dark. This is one of life's great mysteries for me, right up there with why men don't ask for directions.

3 comments:

Colette said...

You make me laugh out loud! Thanks for the giggle! :)

Linda Lou said...

Hilarious!!

Having broken my coxix three times, yes 3 count them, high school football game ( cement bleachers), baby delivery #1 and #3, I relate to every word. The designer should be hung, shot, runover (with a bike of course) and left for dead for the magpies.

I think that they need to have a tractor seat personally. ( Now there's a vision) At least my old exercise bike had one!

Enjoy the family ride!

Sermons of the Day said...

I love the bike that Cliff got me for my birthday. I do know the pain of getting off of it after a ride and yes I do have a kushy, big seat, but I love it. Happy riding to you.