Monday, June 15, 2009

Be Prepared



Cam and Colby left for Scout Camp this morning. I'm excited that Cam gets to go for the first time especially with his dad.
In preparation for camp, of course there are a million health forms to fill out including liability and emergency forms. On the medical release form, it requires parents to sign for emergency medical care in the event mom and dad can't be reached and there are life saving measures that need to be taken. It also gave me a place to list the medical procedures which I would NOT allow UNLESS I was contacted. You want to know the only medical procedure I listed for which they must wait before they contact me? AMPUTATION!
Seriously, I'm not too far outside the realm of possibility here. I figure if scouts can get struck by lightning, lost in the woods and drowned, loss of appendage/digits isn't such a stretch. Colby thought I was being silly and we had a good laugh but guess what surgery can't be performed for him either....!

While I really think my boys will be perfectly safe while they are away, a few prayers never hurt. Please add no lightning, raging storms or swimming issues to your list of things to pray about. Oh- and no loss of limb.


BTW: Cameron will be swimming the final leg of the swimming relay this week. He has to qualify or practice this week in the lake (very cold)so I'll let you know how that goes. Here's hoping those private swimming lessons last summer pay off.

3 comments:

Megan said...

When I read the title I thought you were implying that all other campers in the wilderness should be prepared because Colb and Cam were headed their way!

So fun!

Lula Mae said...

Hadn't thought of that.

Linda Lou said...

Wow! Can't believe that Cams on his way to scout camp.

They grow up fast, but good times are ahead.

And yes, there will be prayers for their fun and safe adventure.