Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bring It!

Ah, the smell of adolescence. I know, there's a song about that, "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Well I think teen spirit smells like poop.
It is time to man the fortress, prepare the turrets and light the fires 'cause this mom is taking no prisoners. When my son slaps me with sarcasm, I will reply with cool, calm collectedness. When my son is lazy, I will be inspiring. When my son is within an inch of his young life, I will turn and walk away. Here's the great thing; I remember! I remember the frustration he feels. I totally know that seething anger that is running through his veins when he gives me that look and you know what I say? Bring it on big boy! Your momma has been there, done that and I am ready!

5 comments:

Linda Lou said...

Repeat everyday...for the next 20 years.

Sara White said...

May the force be with you. You will need all the help you can get!

Brittany S. G. said...

Teen spirit smells like poop? I'm surprised you haven't resigned your calling in Young Womens yet. haha.

Sermons of the Day said...

I did not relize there was a war in your neck of the woods. Good luck to you.

Lisa R.D. said...

Your post made me smile... when I first started reading about the smell of teenagers I thought it would be a post about the SMELL of teenagers... and I was all ready to reply that my 5 year old boy is already sporting a smell that brings tears to my eyes...

Reading the rest though makes me glad you are my friend, so I can learn much from you before I go through the teen years with my kiddos.