Thursday, October 1, 2009

Boo

Our fifteen year old exchange student is afraid of ghosts. I mean really afraid of ghosts! It's not the Halloween kind or the Casper kind, I mean the evil spirit kind. I happen to believe in those too but not to the level of sleeping with the night light and talking the other exchange student to sleep in my room.

I'm not sure how to help our fifteen year old. He has had an experience in the past he says, one on which he has not elaborated and I haven't pushed. My plan is this; to explain that yes, I believe in evil spirits also but that we don't invite them into our home. In fact, not only do we not invite bad spirits but we do try invite the Holy Spirit to comfort and guide us.

What saddens me is that he does not feel safe and ultimately, I can't change that. I hope that in the next few days, through prayer we can help him to feel comfortable again.

No comments: