Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Man On The Floor

I went to WalMart yesterday,(please don't hold it against me.) because I had to pick up some cheap organizational containers. Coming through the front doors I noticed a man on his hands and knees on the floor. As I approached him, I wondered what on earth he could possibly be doing on the floor of WalMart, ick. Coming closer I realized that he was a janitor, complete with cart and all, and he was cleaning. It was then I realized that he was removing scuff marks from shoes with his bare hands.
I was impressed.

As I walked past him, I realized I was witnessing a great example of excellence.

Anyone can sweep/mop a floor, but this man was committed to getting the job done well!

It's rare that I find inspiration at WalMart, but yesterday I was grateful for the janitor.

4 comments:

Julie Pia said...

Thanks for sharing.... that is AWESOME!

p.s. I love walmart :)

Megan said...

I hope you told him of your inspiration. If not, I hope you go back to Walmart and leave a comment card describing him and the job he was doing.

I loved this story.

Linda Lou said...

The first day of the new year I decided to take your "good deed" challenge. I went shoppping at Fred Meyer and was looking for a hard to find item and asked a clerk. Not only did he tell me where the item was, he went to a special sales area and got the the same item that was on clearance and brought it to me.

I went to the service area and got a comment card and filled it out with the clerks name and thanked the store for employing such a fine person.

I felt good about it, but you should have seen the smiles on the faces of anyone who knew what I was doing. Everyone felt a part of the recognition.

I think that it is important to recognize people who deserve it. Everybody wins.

Thanks for sharing the story.

Sermons of the Day said...

It is hard to find people who are willing to worj hard for any reason nowadays.