Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Will Survive

So I've survived my first Joy School teaching experience. Survived is about the right word for it too.

Things I learned at Joy School yesterday?

*Send the older sibling to a friends house.
*Children are possessive of their OWN toys.
*Doing the actions to the "Circle Song" makes you break a sweat
(totally counted as exercise yesterday!)
*Chocolate covered raisins are like gold.
*If you have a hamster, hide it.
*Two and half hours of teaching preschool is like five hours in mom time.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the tips. I start my teaching turn in October. Thankfully Abby will already be at school so I don't have to worry about her.

Colette said...

Yeah... I'd rather just write a check. I loved your comment about "mom time" ... I totally get that!

Linda Lou said...

Wow, sounds like you had a great day!:)

Keep up the good work, you'll be glad you did.

Sara White said...

2 1/2 hours??? That is way to long to try and keep kids occupied. No wonder you are tired! How do those teachers do it all day? :)

Sermons of the Day said...

Ya, you go girl. Save a lot of the "gold" for when the kids leave.