Friday, January 23, 2009

Heads Up

Last night, at about 3 A.M. my husband and I both sat straight up in bed after hearing a very loud series of thuds. After listening for a while in the growing silence, we realized it was this lovely icicle that had been hanging on the eves for several weeks, growing. We couldn't reach it with any of our tools and I wouldn't let my husband (not that he wanted to anyway) get up on the roof to attack it. Well, after a night of rain, it finally dislodged itself and provided a great photo op this morning. I'm so grateful it came down in the middle of the night and not during book club while ladies were coming and going. Ugh, that's all I need- to kill one of my new neighbors.

4 comments:

Sara White said...

What book did you read for book club?

Linda Lou said...

Now that's an ice cycle! I'll bet that was pretty exciting trying to figure out what the noise was. Sure gets your heart beating.
You won't have to exercise today...you already have had your aerobic workout for the day.

Jennifer said...

WOW! I'm glad it came down at night, too. (Even if it did wake you up!)

Colette said...

Dang - I'm glad we don't live there. If we did, it probably would have waited until we came over to fall - then it would have hit Hailey. Poor girl! ;)