Friday, January 2, 2009

Carry on, Carrion!

I was reading something the other day and came across the word "carrion". It was actually someones last name and I immediately thought that it was unfortunate for an individual to go through life with a last name that means "dead meat". Then it struck me that if this person only changed one letter, the name would read "carryon" which of course, separated, would mean to persevere. What a funny play on words. I mean really, wouldn't we all hope that '09 brings us the ability to persevere and not a feeling of dead meat!

1 comment:

Linda Lou said...

What a great blog!!

By the way, I'm really enjoying the "good deed" journal. Today I was at the store and one of the sales associates did a nice thing for me so I went to the service desk and filled out a card telling the manager about the service and giving the man's name. It took a few minutes, but it made me feel good and I hope that it helped the associate too.

Thanks for the challenge. I want to be a force for good too.