Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"GT"



For Christmas I gave my mom and sisters each a Good Turn Diary for Christmas. It's based on the short story by James E. Faust about a young man who, during the Great Depression, couldn't afford to give gifts to his family for Christmas so he instead kept a journal and each day made note of a good turn he did for someone else. On Christmas day he presented his father with the journal to show that he had spent the year doing good for others. I wanted to have that great experience also so I have been marking "GT" in my journal each day for a good turn that I have done. It's been great to perform small, sometimes random acts of kindness that I perhaps would have overlooked before. So here's my Good Force Challenge to all of you; do a good turn daily! They don't have to be grand gestures just small, simple kindnesses that we do because we are looking for opportunities to do good. It could be a lifting experience in heavy times.

3 comments:

Linda Lou said...

I'm on day 15 of my journal and I've marked each day with an LH.

I am really enjoying this, thanks for the challenge.

Megan said...

I've been doing my good turns I just haven't been recording them. Time to get started recording.

Julie Pia said...

Hey girlfriend,

It's been such a long time since I've seen you. I was on Lisa's blog and then skipped to Sara's blog and then found you. How fun! It's great to read all about you and your darling family. How are you anyway?

I hope you don't mind me reading your awesome blog. It's really cute. I'll be back often. Loves...