Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Lady of the House

God has blessed me with a new house. And while I know any woman on the planet would be thrilled with a new place to make a home, I will openly say (without any intent to boast) that my house is exceptional. I have now spent several nights in my new home and the enormity of it's space and it's new-house mortgage have fully hit me. Some would call this buyer's remorse, others, regret. Not I. I feel only inspiration from this wonderful house and it fuels the realization of what it represents. Each day I recall the scripture "To whom much is given, much is required." I know that when anyone sees my house they find it to be very pretty, inviting and open. In fact many have commented on the "openness" of my house. I truly believe Heavenly Father intends for me to be a reflection of this edifice. I know that I too am expected to be open and inviting, to have space inside for many people and good things. To reflect a kindly countenance and to welcome those who come my way. Indeed, I consider it an eternal blessing to be called the lady of the house.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You seriously need to tell me about your new house so I can live vicariously through you. :) Are you close to where you use to be?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new house. That is so much fun. It must be nice to have more room. Veronica went on and on about what a nice house it is too. She really enjoyed babysitting the other day.