Sunday, July 6, 2008

An attitude of Gratitude

I have had many reasons to feel a deep sense of thankfulness to my Heavenly Father. I often wonder at the kindness He shows to my family. I am filled with regret though at all the times I have failed to see His hand in the marvelous events in my life and others around me. I have the sincerest desire to achieve a higher awareness of His blessings and interventions on my behalf. I can only say that I will renew my desire to give my life to Him, as it is His anyway. I know that the greatest offering I can make to pay my debt is to live my life in a way that offers thanks and praise to Him. Funny, it seems so simple and yet I fall so short.

I am grateful also for the beautiful examples of friends who are faithful and unwavering. Be they of my faith or another, I know that the love of Christ is alive and well on the earth because they are living testaments of it. I can see that although there is so much darkness in the world, God has planted vessels of light everywhere to share His love and lift others up on His behalf. Thank you, my friends, and those whom I have never met, for the light you bring to the world. Thank you for filling the darkness and offering hope and support in the tempest. I am a better person because of your example and the world is a better place because you are here.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Tiff - You should read President Henry B. Eyring, "O Remember, Remember" Ensign, Nov 2007. He talks about looking for blessings in our daily lives. It is a great talk and I have tried what he did and it is amazing how somethings you wouldn't think of as blessings are.

Jennifer said...

What a great post. We all fall so short. Thanks for your thoughts.