Sunday, April 27, 2008

Musical Monday-Lullabies














I enjoy singing. It's something I find myself doing quite often and one of my favorite things is to sing my children to sleep. As I was preparing this post I became aware that my time for enjoying this is coming to an end as my older boys have outgrown this ritual. On those nights when taking the time to sing was a pain I never thought I would be feeling the way I am tonight. I will miss this someday and so I will do a better job to cherish it.
I have a repertoire that I run through which includes, I Am a Child of God, Two Little Boys (an old civil war lullaby that my grandmother taught me), Baby Mine and Angel Lullaby. The song you're hearing is Baby Mine from the Disney movie "Dumbo". I hope you enjoy the words and melody, it's one of my favorites.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

So sweet and so true. I couldn't wait for katie to hit each new milestone. Now with my third, I want to hold on to each stage just a little bit longer. Who is that cute baby in the picture?

Lula Mae said...

That's my girl :)

Jennifer said...

She's adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

That is an adorable baby picture. I really miss singing to my kids. If I did it now, they'd probably roll their eyes, or yell at me to stop! Enjoy it while there young, but remember as they get older there are other fun things you will get to enjoy so it's not so bad.