Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thank You

I read a sweet article in a local magazine yesterday while at the dentist. As I was trying to keep my 18 month old from breaking the glass on the 100 gallon fish tank in the lobby my eyes caught a few sentences from an interview with Jane Clayson Johnson formally of The Early Show. She was recalling the experience she had after giving birth to her son at 27 weeks gestation. "When he was in the NICU he was very sick. The hospital recommended 'kangaroo care' which is skin to skin care.I would go to the hospital every day to hold him. Day after day, week after week, he didn't respond to me in any way. I wondered if I was making a difference. A very perceptive neonatologist sensed my sadness and came to my corner of the unit. She sat down and said 'William can't express it right now but on his behalf let me say "thank you" for being here.'

On behalf of all the kids who are too busy running around the house, making messes and making noise let me say THANK YOU MOM! Thank you for breakfast this morning, thank you for reading to me. Thank you for unloading the dishwasher and loading it back up again. Thanks for good snacks and making me brush my teeth and most of all, thank for loving me so much that you do these things everyday without expecting me to say thanks.

1 comment:

Linda Lou said...

Your thanks will come when you see them 20 years from now living happy, responsible, productive,lives, and teaching their children to do the same.


Good job Mom. and Thanks from everybody who will benefit from your tireless work!