Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's Time

I've realized after reviewing several entries in my blog that I have very quietly avoided one subject that is very dear to me and really, most important to my life. In my efforts to keep my views open to readers, I have carefully avoided bringing up, alluding to or otherwise discussing the subject of my religion. I am somewhat amused at my discomfort and trepidation simply because it's just flat out wrong and I look at it as just another symbol of my silliness. I have decided that it's time for me to stop worrying that I might "disenchant" a group of readers by discussing my beliefs. One of the items you will find on my "What Drives the Force" is faith. It is true. One of the greatest single forces in my life is my belief in my chosen religion. I was born into, baptized by choice into and continue to learn about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, (the Mormons). Every thought that comes from my head comes from that background. What I find interesting, and why I have been apprehensive, is that some people will find me weak because of that. What I also find interesting is that I feel the need to defend myself for it. I am excited to dive into these ideas in future posts and really take a look at religious beliefs in this country. I am adding a link to the LDS website (LDS is the abbreviated name of the church) in case anyone wants to know what I'm talking about. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

1 comment:

Lisa R.D. said...

I agree that I sometimes feel that I need to defend my faith--when in reality, it is something to be shared and celebrated. Our faith makes us who we are, and is such a strong driving force for good, as you have so eloquently stated. Looking forward to future posts with more references to your faith!