Monday, June 18, 2007

Stop That!

As a mother, I have come to wonder how many times I will have to repeat that phrase. Seriously, it has to be the most repeated phrase in the history of the world. I'm assuming Eve said it to Cain on more that one occasion and probably even Abel at times. I think that today alone I've said it twenty times. It got me thinking, would saying it in another language be more effective? It might at least get their attention. So here is the translation of "Stop that" in three languages and for those moms who think this might be a fun experiment, here's "pick that up" too.

"Stop that"
arretez-le (French)
pare esto (Spanish)
horen sie das auf (German)

"Pick that up"
Ramassez-le
recoja esto
nehmen Sie das auf

A couple of those have accentuation marks that I can't put in with this program but really, are they gonna know?

And for those moments when they actually do what we ask,

"I love you"
Je vous aime
Le amo
Ich leibe dich

Guten Tag!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I see how these words are spelled, but I doubt I could pronounce them.