Wednesday, June 20, 2007

GFC 4

After a horrific experience at Walmart tonight I had a thought for the next Good Force Challenge. Here it is. Instead of writing a letter of complaint or verbalizing a complaint to someone, send a note of thanks for something good. Even better, say it in person. Without going into a lot of detail, it will suffice to say that I was treated with rudeness and impatience at my local Walmart this evening. Even the manager on duty was curt and abrupt. It was my first reaction to tell him how I had been treated by his employees but when even his manner was cold I assumed it wasn't worth my energy. It was then I decided to contact the local Sears to ask about the same item I was searching for at Walmart, an experience that was in stark contrast with the other. The employee at Sears was courteous, kind and above all, patient. He went above and beyond physically seeking out my item. I felt compelled to express my thanks and explained to him that it was because of his treatment of me that I would purchase from Sears.

So there's the challenge and my story. Hope you all make an effort to make someones day a little brighter.

No comments: