Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Here We Go....Again

Ugh. So after a year of putting off the losing of weight, I am finally forced to confront this wicked nemesis of mine (again). I have recently joined a neighborhood group trying to get fit (who am I kidding? I want to be hot, screw being "fit".) My first few weeks I lost TWO pounds! Woohoo! Okay, so I was less than stellar at my attempt but this month, in honor of the just celebrated Superbowl, we have been divied up into football teams. I am THE DALLAS COWBOYS! My opponent, a cute gal in my neighborhood, is aka THE PITSBURGH STEELERS!

If this had been last year, I could have given a rat's patooty about football but I have become a fan! Yes, I really like football, especially COWBOYS football and I actually know enough about the rules/plays to enjoy it. So, why am I telling you, the blogger sphere about this little endeavor? Well, they say accountability is the first step. I am counting on you ladies (and gents, if there be any) to cheer me on.

I shall keep a chart on site to measure my progress with updates every week. Ugh. You can cheer me on or chew me out depending on the requirements of the outcome for that week. It's up to you.

So thank you super models, for sucking it up for the rest of us. But here's to all you healthy (or aspiring) people out there, may we be one pound closer to bliss (whichever way that takes you).

5 comments:

Megan said...

Good for you! I'm actually considering buying a (used) treadmill. I want to be strong again. I feel like my whole body has gone soft, ya know? I think having babies does that to a girl. Even sitting here at the computer I'm totally slouching. Where did my core go?!

Good luck!

Ally Bally said...

WHEEEEW!!!!!! LOVE it Tiff. I'm right there with you! I just got back from a class tonight on healthy eating.

I've got my goals all set and I'm down 6lb but haven't last any for 2 weeks. Big bummer! Any who..... you can do it, you can do it!!! Love ya!

Linda Lou said...

I think we're all in! I'm down 4 since Christmas. Yeh, only 45 to go.

Maybe we can all support each other. Anyway, good luck!! Dad's still working on his last 10. ( like I have a lot of sympathy for that) He wants to get to his high school weight-can you believe it? Maybe he can have the next five kids. Enough, we'll all feel better if we are healthier. Good luck to all of us!!

Sermons of the Day said...

I am with you. I had gained 25lbs. in 2 years and I have lost 5 of that. I do not want to go back to what I was but I would like to be 145. I think that would be a perfect healthy weight for me. I need to be accountable to someone too. GO Go GO GO Girl!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Good for you! Maybe I catch some of that inspiration after #4 is born! I have a lot to lose, as well.