Monday, February 15, 2010

Jinx!

"Jinx.....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 you owe me a Coke!" I have heard this an incalculable number of times the last few days. I've been jinxed, I've been told I owe several people several Cokes and yet, I didn't find myself playing along until today when my youngest son, with his finger pointed at me, yelled "Jinx" and began to count. Somehow my grade school training kicked in and I found myself, with the milk jug midway between the counter and the refrigerator, yelling "stop". I giggled and walked away totally enjoying my triumph and about five minutes later my oldest son came into the kitchen and said the name of my youngest son. The younger said "finally"!

I didn't realize that I'd jinxed him myself by winning the countdown. I wonder how long he would have remained silent?

3 comments:

Sermons of the Day said...

HA HA!!!! Can I just say Jinx so people will stop talking around hear?

Jennifer said...

I love it! And I so remember doing that when I was little! :)

Unknown said...

Ya Gavin does i all the time I can't get him to stop