Monday, May 18, 2009

Went to Home Depot today to get some petunias. I am ashamed to even say I buy petunias because every one has them, in copious amounts. I have sadly learned though, that they are the only things I can grow.
Anyhoo, while I was perusing the flowers at the aforementioned Home Depot I was trying to calm my daughter who was freaking out (yes, FREAKING out) because there were....wait for it....BEES! My poor, poor Lulu. She almost won't come outside any more because she sees bees. (I'm sure there's something in that comment that could be spun around "I see dead people" but I'm at a loss.) I finally grabbed both sides of her face with my hands and had to look her in the eye while I went into another aisle where there were no bees.
Here I am with a cart of flowers I have to purchase (Maybe I should have just walked out, this post would have been much more exciting) and she's losing it. Finally, I got her to see that the bees just wanted to smell the flowers, not bother her. She calmed down enough to hold still and not cry while we checked out.
As we pushed the cart to the car she kept saying (whilst looking over her shoulder) "bees aren't mean, bees are happy".

It could "bee" a long summer!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Poor thing! I don't like bees, either. Pansies are easy to keep alive, too, btw. :)