Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Here Come the Cavalry

So, in response to the questions about the homeless man in the hollow- he is gone. I called the police the following day and asked what the law was regarding camping down there and was told that there technically is no law against it so really, he could camp if he wanted. However, he cannot set up permanent residence. The police agreed to see if they could find him and ask him what his intentions were. I never heard whether they found him or not but when some of my neighbors went down they said he had vacated the area but left a lot of trash.
My children have thought this is a great adventure but I have decided they will never go down unless they are in large groups. It's a fun place but I have learned, you never know who you are going to meet.

2 comments:

Linda Lou said...

It's a story for our times. I guess that the "Tom Sawyer" days are over. I know that the hollow is such a great place for kids adventures, but with the way things are going, probably some caution needs to be used in playing there.

Such a shame. Lesson learned, wisdom found.

Sermons of the Day said...

wow. Did Colby say what the man had said or was it more of a feeling he got. Did the guy take the food and stuff? Thanks for the update.