Wednesday, February 6, 2008

New Image

I find myself with a case of the "giddyups". I have recently agreed to take on a new challenge and while I am most excited about the prospect I can't help but feel a deep sense of urgency. I have somehow managed to secure the perspective that I have found my place in this great world. The focus is becoming sharper and details that have been, up till now, obscured are bursting forth with great vivacity. I attribute this epiphany in a great part to age. The scales of insecurity and doubt are falling, only to be replaced with surety and confidence. I realize that these tremendous feelings will ebb and flow depending on life's trials but for the moment I am taking great solace in the fact that I can do so much. This thinking was affirmed by a fantastic quote from Gordon B. Hinkley, former president of the LDS church:

"You are good. But it is not enough just to be good. You must contribute good to the world. The world must be a better place for your presence. And the good that is in you must spread to others..."

3 comments:

Linda Lou said...

I have spent the last few days thinking of the impact of Pres. Hincley's life on the world, and particularly me. How is that one person have such a profound impact?

I've come to the conclusion that it was that his personal example inspired me to just be the best I can. I realize that this in itself is enormous, but simple. Who am I and what can I do to bless the world?.

Alot of it is being confident to just do the right thing on a consistant basis. We all have it in us to bless the world. I think that that is what the "Force for Good " is all about.

Lisa said...

Hey Tiff -

I find myself at the beginning of the road that you have traveled well. What great words of advice you offer that will help me on my journey. President Hinckley's quote was awesome and one that will help us all to move foward and to always put forth our best efforts. Thanks!!!

G Hugher said...

There are consumers and there are producers in the world. We always should ask ourselves what class we are in. My tendency is to consume. I read and study all the time. Better to write and teach. Only then can we influence for good. Keep up you great blog entries. They are inspiring.