Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Day in the Mind of a Ten Year Old Boy

It's time to get up and shower. (Shower running) I don't have to use soap today, I used soap yesterday.

Where's a towel? Here, I'll just use my pajamas.

Time for Breakfast. Mmm, cookies sound good. (Mom comes down stairs) Better hide the cookie and have cereal. (A few cereal pieces fall on the floor) Ah, mom will get those. Oops, stepped on one.

No mom, I don't have any homework. (mom asks to see book bag) Oh, yeah I forgot, I have a sheet of math.

(Mom says get shoes and socks on) Darn, no socks, that's ok I'll go without. (mom says to get socks) There aren't any socks in my drawer, I'll used dad's.

Six hours later.....

(mom picks up from school, asks how was your day) Fine. (mom asks what did you learn in class) I can't remember but we had a great time at recess.

I'll get an after school snack. Mom, what snacks do we have? (mom says, apples, cheese sticks, cheese and crackers, cookies, burritos) Shoot, there's nothing to eat. Don't we have any candy?

(mom asks what do you want for dinner) I want 7 layer dip or Del Taco. I hate it when we have chicken, or salad or vegetables or soup or......

(it's time for reading, 20 minutes to go) I'll get my book but I'm just going to turn the TV on while I read. (mom says turn the TV off) Maybe I'll just play with these action figures for a while.

(time for bed, mom says brush your teeth) I can't find my toothbrush, oh well. (mom asks when did you lose your toothbrush?) I think I had it three days ago. I can't remember. I'll use my brother's.

(lights out, prayers said, time to sleep) Where's the flashlight? I'm going to read for a while.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Okay, that was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh! I can relate to some of that, but not all of it...YET! :)

G Hugher said...

And don't you love them anyway!! I remember when life was that carefree. Perhaps there is a lesson in this. Maybe I will use my wife's toothbrush tonight. She always reads in bed.