Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Gift of the Note

Since I do not have a great deal of money at the moment, I have struggled sometimes to find ways to thank people who have been kind or who have touched and impressed me in some way. I am getting pretty good at the art of note writing. I have found that the gift of a sincere, well written note does wonders! (And stationary can be really cheap!) After all, don't we all love folks to say nice things about us? And when it's written down, you have proof!

I keep all the kind notes I receive in what I call my treasure box. It's just a small box where I have accumulated some of my favorite notes over the years. I was reading through some of them from over a decade ago and it made me smile on a crappy day!

So here's to the friendly note! A timeless, under appreciated gift.

3 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

I agree--I love writing (and getting) hand written notes. With all of the instant technology (emails, text messages, IMs, etc) it seems that the hand written notes are going away, but I pledge to keep some in circulation. Thanks for the good reminder... I think I'll go write a few notes now!

Sermons of the Day said...

I love that. I know most people do.

Linda Lou said...

I keep two boxes full of special notes that people have sent me over time. (One is the big keepsake box that you kids gave us for our 25th anniversary)I was just reading some of them today. It always makes me feel that maybe my life has counted to for something. Funny what a piece of paper can do to make your day.