Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Eyes

My son got his first pair of glasses yesterday. He informed me just before Christmas that he couldn't see very well. So, during the break we had his eyes checked and sure enough, the Optometrist said that if my son was older and trying to get his license, he would have failed.

Needless to say, the glasses came yesterday and it has been fun to watch him look at things in a new way for the past 24 hours. He caught me off guard a few times when he mentioned things he could see. Things like blind slats on the windows of our neighbors, local landmarks from a distance, and even detailed leaves on trees.

His enthusiasm for these new things has surprised me because I had no idea he couldn't see them in the first place. Just goes to show you never know how things look to someone else.

1 comment:

Sermons of the Day said...

I would love to see a picture of him with them on. I bet he looks great.