Saturday, January 1, 2011

Fill 'Er Up

So I am a complete loss when family comes to town. I eat too much, sleep too little and avoid work at all costs! It was a glorious time to wake up late, come down stairs looking like an oversized teenager and see around my table many of the faces I saw every morning growing up. What was even better was the new faces that have been added to the group and have become part of the experience I call my life.

In the early days of my adulthood, I didn't enjoy this gathering of my past. So focused was I on asserting my individuality that I couldn't appreciate moments like these and their ability to fill me. Maybe what they say about getting older is true, you appreciate more of the simple things. Whatever it may be, I'm happy to say I am starting this new year with a full tank!

No comments: