Saturday, January 15, 2011

Golden Opportunity

So it's the Golden Globes tomorrow! I used to get really excited for Hollywood awards shows until a few years ago when the acceptance speeches tended toward pleading the case for same sex marriage. While I intellectually understand the need for voices to be heard and I respect everyone's right to speak their mind, I'm sick to death of having what I refer to as the "Gay Agenda" constantly rammed down my throat. Enough with the "I'm Gay and glad I escaped from the religious people" speeches. Constantly throwing your ideals in my face doesn't make me change my mind. Why is it that some in the entertainment industry constantly feel the need to make everything about a cause? Seriously, you don't see CEO's of major corporations jumping on national TV every six months to give an emotional plea for tax cuts? (maybe we should make the Super Bowl half time show a debate between bailed out banks and small business america?) Let's leave the political ear-boxing to the politicians. Heaven knows we have enough of that to go around.

Can't we just have an awards show where people say, "Thank you for appreciating the work I do"? That's why I watch!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Totally agree!!!